JOB TITLE: PROJECT OFFICER
JOB LOCATION: ACCRA
QUALIFICATION & REQUIREMENT
Ideal candidate must be a qualified Project Implementation Professional with at least two (2) years working experience in a relevant field.
The Officer will be executing a Tricycle Scheme Project aim at job creation and improved sanitation conditions in slums areas of Accra. He/She will work closely with tricycle operators in the informal sector. Candidate must be excellent in
- Planning, Monitoring and Evaluation
- Risk Analysis
- Business Development
a young vibrant sales and marketing officer to sell its tricycles and also devise innovative ways for high purchase of the tricycles by working with the informal waste collectors, Ice water distributors association, fish farmers and farmers groups who can put the tricycles into commercial use. The tricycle scheme is a module targeting job creation and resolve sanitation challenges in our slums and commercial area and providing means of transportation in our rural settings.
The NGO hereby invites result oriented and young persons to apply for the position of a Project Officer
- The Project Officer (PO) core mandate is to devise innovate ways to sell the tricycles
- The Project Officer (PO) will require to work with the informal sector workers as a strategy to sell the tricycles
- The Project Officer (PO) will require to work with other stake holders like waste management department of the various metropolitan and municipal and district assemblies.
- The PO will coordinate and work closely with the various groups of the informal sector together with their leadership for effective execution of the project
- The PO will require to work with Private Waste Contractors and build capacity for their participation in the project.
- The PO will require to work with AMA taskforce team in collaboration with Ghana Police to ensure the kick out of illegal riders in the various operational areas waste management contractor.
- The PO shall be required to devise a mechanism to monitor deployment of the tricycles.
- The PO shall be required to devise a mechanism to ensure repayment, monitoring and performance evaluation of the tricycles.
- The PO shall ensure all tricycles are not dumping illegally and adhering to the Standard Operations of the tricycle scheme.
- The PO shall establish the project in various regions by liaising with various regional waste contractors
- The PO shall ensure uniformity in the project implementation
- The PO shall represent the organisation at various meetings in relation to the project and environmental sanitation related issues
Purpose of Job Position
To promote efficient and effect participation of the informal sector in resolving sanitation challenges in our slums.
Knowledge and Skills Required
- Excellent social and communication skills
- Experience in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Experience with management of contact databases
- Experience in Project management (clerical, logistics and management support)
- Knowledge of filling and documentation techniques
- Experience in working under pressure and meeting tight deadlines
- Skills in marketing, organisation and coordination of projects
Qualification and Skills
Prospective applicants should have a minimum bachelor of degree qualification from a recognised institution, and be between the ages of 20- 35 years. Experience as a sales and marketing expert in a reputable Institution is highly preferred.
The successful applicant will be required to work independently with very little supervision.
How to Apply for the Job
Interested applicants to submit their application and CV to the ESPA office on the 35 Flower Road at East Legon behind the A&C Shopping Centre. They can also email them to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com. The deadline is March 3, 2017.Only short listed applicants will be contacted for an interview