JOB TITLE: COMMUNICATIONS/ ADVOCACY/MEDIA RELATIONS OFFICER
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS
Preferred candidate should possess at least a first Degree in Communications or Public Relations (PR) from a recognised institution. He/she must have at least five (5) years working experience in the field of communications or public relations. Knowledge in Ghana’s environmental sanitation sector would be an advantage.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
The COMMUNICATIONS/ADVOCACY/MEDIA RELATIONS OFFICER would be required to undertake the following:
- Develop and implement media and related external communications strategy
- Proactively increase the positive visibility of ESPA activities in the media and among key stakeholders through the development and implementation of a media outreach plan and key messages.
- Proactively manage issues/crisis which have the potential to negatively affect the image and credibility of the organisation.
- Oversee to media relations and coverage
- Increase the organisations visibility through innovative partnerships with media organisations
- Provide continues strategic communication direction, advice and guidance for the organisation through campaigns and advocacy activities and, working closely and collaboratively with the Executive Secretary, Online and Digital Communication, and with the rest of the Online team leverage social media and multimedia in all communication activities, including the production and dissemination of video and other digital and visual communication products.
- Serves as Editor- in- Chief of the Editorial Board of the Communications, Advocacy & Media Relations Team.
- Gives clear strategic and creative editorial direction for news and feature stories, op-eds, videos, statements and other press materials.
- Ensures that all written and multimedia external materials produced by the team are of excellent quality.
- Responsible for the quarterly production of the ESPA newsletter
- Any additional responsibilities assigned by the Executive Secretary.